Localization

In time of optimizing app, we could easily use Google Translate to automatically translate app to different languages.

The next question was which languages to pick for localization. My feeling was to use English, Spanish, French and German. I wanted Persian because it’s my own language, so that’s the first five.

 

However, after some research, I found the following image from here.

Poster-The-Global-Mobile-Games-297x841mm_b

 

This shows that the income from Asia Pacific is 2 times more than North America income (US and Canada combined). So, we have used following languages for our 1.2 version:

  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Persian
  • Korean
  • Simplified Chinese
  • Japanese

 

For having all those languages, we used a Google Spreadsheet and Google Translate function: GOOGLETRANSLATE. For example, for translating “keyword” to Spanish:

 GOOGLETRANSLATE(B2,"en","es")

 

This helped us find kickstart some downloads. Surprisingly, we have more downloads from French App Store:

localization

After, some scripting which is subject for different post, we have realized We ranked higher in France App Store:

  • Checking app store for us: 200+
  • Checking app store for fr: 89
  • Checking app store for de: 119
  • Checking app store for jp: 200+
  • Checking app store for kr: 152
  • Checking app store for cn: 200+
  • Checking app store for es: 181
  • Checking app store for mx: 200+
  • Checking app store for ca: 200+

So, the fact that we have customized languages, helped us to be ranked higher in French, German, Korean and Spanish app stores.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s