In time of optimizing app, we could easily use Google Translate to automatically translate app to different languages.
The next question was which languages to pick for localization. My feeling was to use English, Spanish, French and German. I wanted Persian because it’s my own language, so that’s the first five.
However, after some research, I found the following image from here.
This shows that the income from Asia Pacific is 2 times more than North America income (US and Canada combined). So, we have used following languages for our 1.2 version:
- Simplified Chinese
For having all those languages, we used a Google Spreadsheet and Google Translate function: GOOGLETRANSLATE. For example, for translating “keyword” to Spanish:
This helped us find kickstart some downloads. Surprisingly, we have more downloads from French App Store:
After, some scripting which is subject for different post, we have realized We ranked higher in France App Store:
- Checking app store for us: 200+
- Checking app store for fr: 89
- Checking app store for de: 119
- Checking app store for jp: 200+
- Checking app store for kr: 152
- Checking app store for cn: 200+
- Checking app store for es: 181
- Checking app store for mx: 200+
- Checking app store for ca: 200+
So, the fact that we have customized languages, helped us to be ranked higher in French, German, Korean and Spanish app stores.